AlpenFreight’s Live Weather Mod (METAR Decoder)
Have you ever wanted to import real weather conditions to Railworks for scenarios or Quickdrives? This is the mod for you!
(Note: This mod affects the non-3d weather only.)
- Download the latest version of the METAR Decoder spreadsheet to your google drive:
Download Here – V1.6 Last updated 2/9/17
2. In the spreadsheet there are two tabs, one for Weather Input and one for Weather Output.
3. On the Weather Input tab there are three yellow fields
– Metar 1 is where you’re starting
– Metar 2 is where you’re going
– Transition Length is how long until the weather transitions
– Maximum View Distance how many miles max you want viewing distance to be (useful to adjust the blue haze on a clear day)
4. Go to http://www.aviationweather.gov/metar/gis and zoom in on the map to find your start and end locations. Copy the weather code (METAR) of one of the locations, it should look something like this:
KCYS 081553Z 28025G34KT 10SM CLR 02/M04 A3007 RMK AO2 PK WND 28034/1550 SLPNO T00221039 $
5. Paste this code into the Metar 1 or Metar 2 yellow box.
6. Once both Metars are input and the transition length has been set, go to the Weather Output tab and select all. Copy the whole spreadsheet contents into a word document and save as a .xml file.
7. Compile the .xml file with the SERZ program located in the main folder of your Railworks installation. Place this file into a route’s Weather folder and select in a scenario to see your real world weather conditions in the sim!
If you would like to use this weather in a quick drive, update the RW_Clear.bin in your Assets\Kuju\RailSimulatorCore\Weather folder and select “Clear” as the quick drive weather theme. Make sure to back up these files first.
Please let me know about any bugs or mis-converted weather @ firstname.lastname@example.org